Design Concepts

The House of Women is the title of my second attempt at designing a home for my character Madam Ingres and her family of adopted children.


My approach to this design was very different to my last in that I researched my character more and tried to make sense of Hejduk's description of Ingres. After a bit of investigating I discovered a portrait done by a French painter named Ingres and realised that Hejduk was refering to my character in relation to the woman in the painting called Madame D'Haussonville.




As I studied the painting I decided that I could use it as the basis for my next design by incorporating some of the proportions of the image. To do this I simply drew a series of lines over the painting and then translated them into the plan of my house.














This is an altered version of the painting using Photoshop.











1 comments:

  Nicole

August 19, 2008 at 9:16 AM

i like this approach!
well done =)