house of women

In this second design of the house for my character, while the approach to the design was completely different I tried to take some of the valuable aspects of my previous design and use them towards this one. For instance the last house was moving towards a more enclosed appearence from the outside and open to the inside so as to restrict the views for the young girls.
In this house I tried to push this idea even further and tried to come up with ways of letting in natural light to the spaces in a more innovative way so as to keep the views limited. I did this by adding an atrium which serves as a tower to allow light into the core of the house and by various means of skylights and indirect sunlight via the large fenestrations.

Here are some differences from the original SketchUp idea to the final model design.















Initially the SketchUp model only had one level however this was not enough space for all the characters so in the card model I elevated some areas to create a second level.








0 comments: